There are many people who suffer from bloating
problems, who have very heavy digestions or who need to improve their intestinal transit. And these are increasingly coming to solve their problem with digestive enzymes and probiotics.
However, it is very common for both elements to be confused and it is not clear what differences there are between these two types of supplements. For this reason, in this article, we are going to try to put an end to all the doubts that you have about it.
Digestive Enzymes vs Probiotics
Digestive enzymes and probiotics can be established that they only have one thing in common and that is that they help to clearly alleviate what are some intestinal problems. From there, there is nothing but one.
The aforementioned enzymes come to be non-living proteins that what they do is break down the food that is ingested in the best possible way so that the body can absorb it properly.
Meanwhile, the probiotics we have to indicate that they are living organisms, yeasts and bacteria, whose function is to achieve the balance of the so-called intestinal microbiome.
Most Significant Benefits of Digestive Enzymes
The digestive system, naturally and when it is in good health, is responsible for producing its own enzymes, which are of three different types:
- Protease, which is in the stomach and breaks down proteins into amino acids.
- Amylase, present in saliva and which is responsible for breaking down carbohydrates into simple sugars.
- Lipase, which is produced by the pancreas. In his case, what it does is break down fats into fatty acids.
However, when there is a problem, the body does not generate these enzymes and that is when you can resort to the intake of so-called digestive enzymes. Its consumption brings with it an important series of advantages, among which we can highlight the most significant:
- They get the person who takes them to feel with a much less heavy stomach.
- They manage to palpably reduce both belching and gas and even bloating.
- Likewise, we cannot ignore that it is established that they are very useful to better cope with different food intolerances that one may have. Of course, because they increase the digestion of lactose, for example, which is why people who suffer from said intolerances will be able, thanks to these enzymes, to significantly reduce symptoms they suffer, such as cramps, diarrhea or pain.
- In addition, they prevent and eliminate harmful microbes that can enter the body and cause various infections.
That is, whoever takes these supplements will be able to significantly improve their digestive health.
Main advantages of probiotics
Probiotics, for their part, we have to establish that they also contribute to improving intestinal health, but they go much further. Hence, they are recommended to deal with other types of situations related to physical well-being.
Specifically, these supplements allow you to enjoy the following benefits:
- They favor what is digestive well-being, because, among other things, they balance the intestinal flora, improve digestion and alleviate irritable bowel problems.
- They help keep weight under control, as they favor the correct metabolism of fats and also that of glucose.
- They improve the health of the skin.
- They contribute to reinforce what is the state of the immune system .
- They also help to considerably improve mood, thanks to the fact that, among other things, they do their bit to keep stress at bay.
- Likewise, it is established that they prevent colds and keep the liver in perfect condition.
Probiotics or digestive enzymes? What is better?
At this time, you may be considering whether in your personal situation it is advisable to opt for probiotics or digestive enzymes. In this case, you should know that you can opt for one or the other when they have symptoms such as bloating, gas or problems with regularity when going to the bathroom.
Of course, if you have mood or skin problems or need to strengthen your immune system, you should not opt for the former.
On the contrary, if you suffer from a feeling of satiety after any meal, you have a lot of belching and indigestion problems, it is appropriate that you opt for the latter.
However, it is recommended that you consult your doctor before making a decision. This will tell you which of the two you should take. What's more, it is even possible that they recommend the intake of both.