! It doesn't matter if broccoli is not one of your favorite vegetables, this dish will be!
Before going to the kitchen and revealing the recipe that everyone will love, it is good to know all the wonders that this superfood offers us.
Broccoli is part of the cabbage family and, therefore, it is a magnificent source of nutrients and stands out for its high content of vitamin C, folic acid, very important during pregnancy and lactation, and provitamin A, essential for health. function of skin cells, bones and eyesight. In addition, it offers a high content of iron and calcium, being known for its help in the prevention of cancer.
With that said, how about we now cook this wonder of nature?
Vegan "Fried Chicken" Recipe
- 1 broccoli
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- Flour for coating or breadcrumbs (can be gluten-free)
- Black salt (kala namak)
- The first step is to wash the broccoli and separate its "trees" and then steam them for about 10 minutes.
- While they are cooking, you can prepare the batter. To make it, mix the chickpea flour and salt with enough water to get a slightly thick texture. In another dish, add the flour or breadcrumbs that you will use to bread your "chicken."
- Once you have the broccoli at its point and it no longer burns, you can go on to batter it.
- The last step will be to toast it in the oven for about 20 minutes at 200º (or until golden brown).
Until you try it you can't imagine how delicious it is! An easy and fun way to offer children, and not so children, a vegetable full of nutrients and with an exceptional flavor. So when is a vegan "fried chicken"?