To have more energy
, which can also be done with supplements such as Wake Up Mood
, as well as to promote intestinal transit or control cholesterol levels, fiber must be provided to the body. Specifically, a great way to do it is through food.
Precisely for this reason, today we want to let you know which are the foods richest in fiber
. Do you dare to discover them to incorporate into your diet the 25 grams of this nutrient that are recommended per day?
The top five foods that provide more fiber
We cannot deny that there are many products that stand out for the amount of fiber they provide to the body. Of course, there are indisputably five that are the ones that stand out above the rest for this reason. And are next:
The first position on this list is occupied by these legumes, which have 25.4 grams of fiber per 100 grams, according to the Clínica Universitaria de Navarra
. They can be eaten both in stew and in cold dishes, as a salad, and therefore help to achieve the aforementioned objectives that are achieved by providing the aforementioned to the body.
In addition, it must be established that they favor the correct functioning of both the musculature and the nervous system.
2.Dried broad beans
In the same way, you should know that these are also among the foods that interest us the most in this article: 19 grams of fiber for every 100 grams of them that are eaten.
They also provide iron, magnesium, vitamin B-12 and calcium. Hence, they will also be very useful to strengthen the bone system.
3. Dried figs
17 grams of fiber for every 100 grams of them are the ones that this other product has that is also appropriate to include in the diet. It can be eaten as is or as part of salads and even different pastry dishes. And we must bear in mind that it is also very rich in magnesium.
Legumes in general are a great source of the nutrient we are discussing. In this case, both chickpeas and lentils provide about 15 grams per 100 grams of them.
Including them in our diet is really simple since they can be cooked in stews, in cold dishes, in purees, in hamburgers, in pâtés...
Nuts are also part of this list of the foods richest in fiber. Almonds, specifically, provide about 14 grams of that per 100 grams. It is recommended to take them natural or toasted and it must be emphasized that they are also an interesting source of protein
Other fiber-rich foods to keep in mind
In the previous section we have come to indicate which are the foods that stand out for the contribution of fiber they make to the body. But this does not prevent us from emphasizing others that also stand out for this and are the following:
- Pistachios, which provide between 14 and 11 grams of it per 100 grams.
- Hazelnuts, which are another dry fruit to take into account. In your case, the contribution is 10 grams of fiber per 100 grams. They stand out because they also help to strengthen the muscular system.
- dates. 8.7 grams of fiber per 100 grams is what they offer.
- Wholemeal bread. This and rye bread are the two richest varieties in the nutrient that we are dealing with that exist.
- Spinach. Vegetables in general and, in a special way, green leafy ones are the ones that undoubtedly help the most to give the body the amount of fiber it needs. These provide 6.3 grams for every 100 grams of them.
- Chard. In the same way, we have to highlight them because they are among the most recommended vegetables to eat regarding the nutrient in question. Its contribution is 5.6 grams per 100 grams.
- Bananas. Fruit is unquestionably an essential food in any diet and specifically one that is based on providing fiber to the body. In his case, his percentage is 3.4 grams per 100.
Nuts, artichokes, oats, avocados, brown rice and corn are, in the same way, products that you must keep in mind if you want to give your body the necessary amount of the nutrient that we are addressing. So, as you can see, you have many options to achieve the purpose that you have set for yourself in favor of your health.
And you, what is the food that has the most fiber of all the ones you eat?